At Benoit Law my team of affiliates regularly achieve substantial awards for employees in cases of workplace discrimination based on age, race, gender, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, national origin, pregnancy, and physical or mental disability. We work regularly on cases involving hostile work environments caused by derogatory comments, gestures, and display of offensive images or language. Our discrimination work also involves “disparate treatment” cases including the denial of promotions, failure to hire, wrongful termination, unequal pay, denial of Family and Medical Leave benefits, maternal bias, stereotyping, retaliation, and coded comments. Recent examples of my affiliates excellent work include:
- An African-American man whose co-workers made racist remarks and physically harassed him;
- A nursing assistant terminated because of her pregnancy;
- A lesbian insurance industry worker harassed by co-workers because of her sexual orientation.
Contact Teresa Benoit
To schedule a confidential consultation with her (508-393-7878) or complete our online contact form.
Sexual harassment is illegal, demoralizing and humiliating. It causes extreme psychological harm and financial insecurity for the employee. Sexual harassment greatly impacts and changes the lives of its victims.
My affiliates have successfully represented employees in discrimination and harassment cases filed in the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination (MCAD) and in the state and federal courts, prevailing both in jury trials and in public hearings.
My affiliates have represented nurse’s aides, medical assistants, laborers, dispatchers, cashiers, servers, restaurant managers, hotel clerks, public employees and many others against many diffrent types of employers including transit companies, stores, hospitals, restaurants, food chains, hotels, and cleaning companies. A sample of sexual harassment cases include:
- A dispatcher of a company whose boss sexually assaulted her while she was working;
- A restaurant manager whose boss made repeated sexual advances toward her;
- A young girl working as a nurse’s aide whose boss fondled her breasts; and
- A employee whose co-worker made graphic sexual comments, mimicked sexual acts, and whistled at her.
At Benoit Law, we are extremely sensitive to the needs of our clients and understand the emotional rollercoaster of workplace sexual harassment. Our extensive experience helps us develop the best strategies and swiftest results for our clients.
Contact Teresa Benoit
To schedule a confidential consultation at (508) 393-7878 or complete our online contact form.